- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Administrative Services Switchboard/Clerk
Administrative Services Switchboard/Clerk
|Date||October 4, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES SWITCHBOARD/CLERK
Facility :HILLSIDE CTR- ADULT PSYCH
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
The Hillside Centre-Adult Psych facility in Kamloops, BC is looking for a Relief Full Time Administrative Support Clerk to join their team!
If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus one year’s recent experience, a current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver’s license….Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current 5 Minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception duties and administrative support functions for Tertiary Mental Health Services, such as:
• Performs a variety of telephone/switchboard and reception duties such as answering, screening and forwarding phone calls; responding to inquiries from internal and external sources; acting as receptionist to greet and direct people to the appropriate contacts or services and in providing basic information.
• Performs a variety of support duties such as booking and setting up meeting rooms and equipment; opening, sorting, stamping and distributing mail; routing outgoing mail; arranging for courier deliveries and pick-up; ordering, organizing and maintaining stationary and other supplies; arranging for maintenance of office equipment including phones; photocopying materials, distributing faxes.
• Performs general word processing and data entry functions such as inputting client information into relevant computerized systems; setting up and maintaining files and lists; typing, from rough draft or general instruction, correspondence, reports and documents.
• Assists with client intake by performing duties such as obtaining client information and completing documentation required. Schedules and confirms clients for appointments, and maintains waiting lists.
• Operates office equipment such as photocopiers, shredders, and fax machines, and carries out minor maintenance, such as loading paper, removing paper jams, cleaning glass, and changing toner cartridges. Refers further maintenance required to supervisor.
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions, including receiving payments, issuing receipts and maintaining a petty cash account. Provides and receives materials and applications for such items as permits and licenses.
• Performs general timekeeping functions such as tracking hours worked. May also gather vehicle trip sheets and compile data from them; and arrange for the service and maintenance of vehicles according to predetermined guidelines or as directed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
**This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• A certificate from a recognized Office Administration Certificate program, plus 6 months recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Ability to type at 40 wpm (5 Minute Typing Test)
• Knowledge of Business English
• Knowledge of general office procedures
*Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts, Typing Test that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities Requirement. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from an accredited College/University.*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: