($56,796.64 – $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Housing Provider Agreements, the Agreement Specialist prepares and issues a variety of agreements and related documents for a wide range of housing programs delivered and managed by BC Housing’s nonprofit and private sector partners. He/she/they offers advice and guidance on the interpretation of agreement language and program requirements to other business areas and non-profit partners. The position clarifies project specifics, service expectations and agreement requirements with various business areas.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, social sciences, law, business administration or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in drafting and interpreting agreements or similar documents, or in the preparation and management of agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreements and related social housing programs at the federal and provincial levels is an asset
- Sound understanding and skill working with document management tools and relevant computer database systems, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing agreement templates, programs, and related documentation
- Ability to learn and understand the requirements of internal business areas, program frameworks and project elements in the delivery of assigned duties
- Ability to analyze contractual requirements and prepare contracts, and provide advice and guidance
- Ability to seek out required information problem solve routine and non-routine matters
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships externally and within the organization, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues
- Ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with government staff, legal counsel, industry stakeholders, and internal staff