($56,796.64 – $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Housing Provider Agreements, the Agreement Specialist prepares and issues a variety of agreements and related documents for a wide range of housing programs delivered and managed by BC Housing’s non-profit and private sector partners. He/she/they offers advice and guidance on the interpretation of agreement language and program requirements to other business areas and non-profit partners. The position clarifies project specifics, service expectations and agreement requirements with various business areas.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, social sciences, law, business administration or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in drafting and interpreting agreements or similar documents, or in the preparation and management of agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreements and related social housing programs at the federal and provincial levels is an asset
- Sound understanding and skill working with document management tools and relevant computer database systems, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing agreement templates, programs, and related documentation
- Ability to learn and understand the requirements of internal business areas, program frameworks and project elements in the delivery of assigned duties
- Ability to analyze contractual requirements and prepare contracts, and provide advice and guidance
- Ability to seek out required information problem solve routine and non-routine matters
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships externally and within the organization, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues
- Ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with government staff, legal counsel, industry stakeholders, and internal staff
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.