Date: Jan 8, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
39871 – Toronto – Temporary – 12-18 months
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating and maintaining project cost, risk and change data for the Capital Project work portfolio and contribute to project controls improvements within the Project Controls Group. This role will be an integral part of the project team and will assist in ensuring that proper project controls procedures are adhered to in accordance to departmental procedures and governance rules.
- Assist in aligning applicable project control areas such as estimating, forecasting, cost, schedule, project change management, and reporting
- Assist in tracking project changes and preparing/submitting and/or processing project change orders for projects
- Support Project Delivery by monitoring and controlling project costs and performance; highlighting variances and performance issues needing attention and resolution
- Set up project structures to monitor and control a project
- Set up project cost breakdown structures to collect costs
- Set up and organize project risk registers and coordinate project risk workshops for Tx Capital projects
- Support the Project Manager and Project Controls team in preparing cost estimates and change orders for stakeholder and customer approval
- Prepare monthly status reports for project and program reviews; provide feedback to project managers and the project controls manager
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires a good knowledge and understanding of English in order to communicate effectively with others by preparing: cost reports, change orders and coordinating the project risk workshops
- Requires a university degree in Engineering or Business or a college diploma in Business or Engineering Technology and additional training or education
- Requires hands on experience in cost reporting and analysis. A period of 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
- Experience with working with databases, data management, analysis and reporting is an asset
- Experience in providing project cost analysis and reporting.
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Experience with the use of InfoPath is an asset
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Microsoft excel
- Requires experience in using SAP and BI reporting
- General understanding of Project Management and/or project control techniques
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated team player, organization and planning skills; ability to work in a project environment, interfacing with customers and field staff
- An excellent attitude; positive, energetic and optimistic about the future
- Requires performing a variety of duties under the usual business office conditions
- May be required to travel in support of site meetings for the various projects/programs assigned. This will at times include overnight stays due to distance of travel and to ensure safe conditions for travel.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 18, 2021