Date: Jan 11, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
40886 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Setup, coordinate and track engineering design teams for projects assigned.
- The project teams may consists of internal engineers and drafting staff, and/or engineers of external consulting firms.
- Lead the assigned teams through different project phases (estimation, execution, in-servicing, closing including lesson learned). This will include coordination of detailed design packages, material requests, impact of commissioning/outage plans on engineering and other engineering services necessary to bring the projects into service.
- Coordinate team activities to ensure results are delivered according to the approved scope, schedule, cost, quality and are in compliance with Hydro One standards and policies.
- Work with engineering consultants to define project scope and objectives and to develop business cases for projects.
- Ensure that scope of work is managed and deliverables are controlled in compliance with the award.
- Provide project progress updates and revision to schedules, costs and cash flows as required.
- Ensure progress, schedule and costs are tracked, reported and re-forecasted, requests for changes are properly reviewed, approved and documented before acceptance for implementation.
- Evaluate engineering capability of project teams through various means (capability assessment, quality control and capacity).
- Recommend approaches and changes to develop external skills to augment critical areas of HONI’s capability requirements.
- Execute contracts engaged with external engineering firms and service providers to ensure contract commitments delivered are within the established parameters, quality, terms and conditions.
- Provide the contractor with direction, interpretation and clarification of engineering standards and practices of the Corporation as required.
- Liaison between project delivery, estimation, constructor (internal/external) and other stake holders on engineering issues.
- Perform regular review and progress meetings including site visits, as required.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the engineering firm’s work and recommend changes to performance through established evaluation process.
- Recommend and process progress payments consistent with auditable delivery of work packages by engineering firms or engineering service providers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering science in one of the following engineering disciplines electrical, protection and control to coordinate engineering teams. Awareness of contract and project management process to develop engineering contracts.
- Requires excellent communication skills (business writing and verbal communication skills) to effectively communicate with various stake holders. A sample to test effective communication skill (written &/or verbal) may be requested.
- Experience in electrical utility engineering, design, operation (TX/DX) and installation practices and procedures.
- Experience in physical and performance characteristics of equipment and materials, work methods, techniques and common problems as they relate to program design functions, as well as contracting for engineering resources.
- Experience in leading engineering and technical teams in specific projects or contracts.
- Experience with divisional organization structures and procedures in order to understand the operation of the work groups and their required interaction.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training in the appropriate subjects (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: January 25, 2021