Associate, Communications – Marketing
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The Associate, Communication position plans and executes social media campaigns, creates, and implements communication programs and initiatives both internal and external, helps plan advertising efforts, and assists with public relations, media, and outreach efforts.
- Prepares bi-weekly enews (posts to website and works closely with publisher and Sr. Assoc. Comms & PR) and monitors and tracks analytics.
- Generates social media content & prepares toolkits for Board and other partner initiatives
- Social campaign execution: oversee campaigns across all social channels to grow brand awareness, drive engagement, and increase traffic to sites through both paid and non-paid tactics.
- Social media strategy & growth works with Senior Associate, Communications & Public relations to execute social media strategies to increase our following, brand awareness and engagement.
- Responsible for monitoring organic metrics, meeting growth KPIs, ensuring the health of channels are met and maintained, staying on top of emerging social channels and trends, evaluating, and presenting opportunities for social growth.
- Analyze performance metrics for social campaigns, make strategic recommendations, tracks and prepares full analytics and reporting.
- Prepares daily news clippings and tracks for social media and enews
- Full working knowledge of Meltwater for social media and analytics
- Responsible for reviewing website content (English & French)
- Monitors and tracks website analytics
- Responsible for external advertising and knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads etc.
Formal Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, diploma in Communications
- A minimum of 2-3 years solid writing communication experience
- Must be well-organized with strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work independently, and follow through to resolve communication issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to adapt to new assignments and apply best practices and refine writing communications
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key partners including Indigenous and non-Indigenous partners, sponsors and CCAB members
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling sensitive data and confidential information
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Meltwater, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor, Google Ads, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Considered an Asset
- Familiarity with Indigenous business and relations
- Demonstrated experience working in inclusive environments
- Working in a member-based organization
- Bilingual (English and French)
- MPower, Word Press, Canva, Adobe Creative
This is a full-time remote/hybrid position with hours from 9am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Located anywhere across Canada. Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.