Company: Honour Innovations Inc. o/a Canadian Tire #279 Wawa
Business information: Canadian Tire provides general retail merchandise and auto repair services. It operates in the automotive, hardware, sports, leisure and housewares sectors.
Business address: 54 Broadway Ave, Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time ‑ Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Move equipment and other materials
- Perform miscellaneous labouring activities to help tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Perform lube, oil and filter changes
- Remove, install, rotate and balance tires
- Assist other members to perform accurate and complete vehicle inspections, basic diagnostics, estimates and basic repairs
- Assist in completion and review of repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with Service Advisors
- Provide quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards and perform tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances
- Ensure that an unsafe vehicle is reported to tradespersons, management and/or the vehicle owner
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats
- Ensure shop neatness/cleanliness
- Remain current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- Drive client’s vehicles between work stations when necessary
-Education: Completion of an apprenticeship program in a related discipline is required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided
-Knowledge of current automobile technology is required
-Valid driver’s license is required
-Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
-Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Tight deadlines; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Excellent oral communication; Team player; Judgement; Accurate; Dependability; Client focus; Reliability; Flexibility; Excellent written communication, Organized
Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $25.00 hourly, 37.5 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Shared cost extended medical insurance after 3 months of employment, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits and profit sharing after 1000 working hours. We also provide shopping discounts.
Important Information: The employee will work from Monday to Friday, from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail: 54 Broadway Ave., Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Automotive mechanic helper