Company: Honour Innovations Inc. o/a Canadian Tire #279 Wawa
Business information: Canadian Tire provides general retail merchandise and auto repair services. It operates in the automotive, hardware, sports, leisure and housewares sectors.
Business address: 54 Broadway Ave., Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time ‑ Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
· Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
· Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s specifications
· Perform scheduled maintenance service
· Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
· Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
· Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
· Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
· Repair or replace mechanical units or components
· Test and adjust units to specifications
· Complete reports to record problems and work performed
· Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
· Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
· Estimate parts and labour costs
· Coach and instruct apprentices
· Provide customer service
· Complete and review repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with Service Advisors and explain any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
· Liaise with Management/Service Advisor/Installers to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
· Provide quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards
· Ensure that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
· Ensure vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
· Perform daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
· Remain current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: the candidate must have the Trade Certification or be eligible to obtain the Trade Certification. Regarding the experience, we require only the necessary experience to be certified.
-Knowledge of current automobile technology is required
-Valid driver’s license is required
-Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
-Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Tight deadlines; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Excellent oral communication; Team player; Judgement; Accurate; Dependability; Client focus; Reliability; Flexibility; Excellent written communication
Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $25.00 to $26.00 hourly, 37.5 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Shared cost medical benefits after 3 months of employment, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits and profit sharing after 1000 working hours. We also provide shopping discounts.
Important Information: The employee will work from Monday to Friday, from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail: 54 Broadway Ave., Wawa, ON P0S 1K0