- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
AVP, Claims Technology
AVP, Claims Technology
Responsible in an assigned area (region / line of business / channel / function) for the delivery of Application Development, maintenance of the respective portfolio and driving the Business Change and IT Application Strategy in alignment with the global Business, to ensure achievement of strategic targets and adherence to governance.
• Bachelors Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 9 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• Experience with IT development and/or maintenance
• Knowledge of IT standards and policy
• People management experience
• 15+ years progressive IT experience, with at least 6 years of Guidewire ClaimsCentre experience and leading a team
• AVP, Claims Technology is a key member of the Technology leadership team and a value-added advisor to the Claims and Commercial Insurance business lines.
• Expert in technology strategy and execution, modern technology stack, cloud, digital, and mobile platforms solutions and agile.
• Constantly looking for better ways to solve business challenges with technology.
• Shaping the organization’s claims technology strategy and roadmap including
• Address needs to support growth including governance, operating model, architecture, processes, internal capabilities, external partners, etc.
• Develop & execute a multi-year roadmap to increase our agility and while reducing our complexity leveraging insurtech’s, cloud and automation
• Responsible for successful delivery of claims technology initiatives on schedule and budget with high quality. Ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services and able to respond with agility to changing business priorities
• Ability to think strategically while at the same time display the ability to understand enough detail to work with and guide service providers, staff and vendors to manage the day to day activities of the organization
• Has a strong technical vision and knowledge of industry trends and directions that can help the team and organization make good tactical and long range decisions and choices
• Deep knowledge of change management, root cause analysis, problem solving, technical project management, resolving production outages/impacts, and implementing permanent resolutions for issues
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Fiscally responsible with experience in managing budgets, vendor negotiations, and streamlining services
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Define, communicate and execute end-to-end application strategy at the local or Line of Business level assuring line of sight with Business Division, Business Segment, or global function business strategies.
• Oversee the planning of and manage the IT budget of multiple cost centers or one large cost center on a local or Line of Business level.
• Pro-actively manage relationships with local executives and key business partners.
• Develop business solutions and project concepts, create plans and oversee implementation of business solutions of moderate to high level of complexity.
• Oversee demand planning process and alignment with project portfolio planning on a local or Line of Business level, aligned to regional / global master plans.
• Take responsibility for local and global governance compliance. Ensure proper license management.
• Represent IT in the definition and delivery of IT services and programs to the local business unit.
• Manage internal and external Business and IT delivery partners based on the service / operational level agreements and ensure service performance meets expectations on a local level.
• Lead a senior group of managers who perform complex tasks.
• Perform strategic HR management processes and perform managerial tasks for direct reports.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: