- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
AVP, Liability National Accounts Underwriter
AVP, Liability National Accounts Underwriter
There are many reasons why Zurich is the intelligent choice for your career.
Collaborate with some of the most diverse minds in the industry. Stimulating challenges. Global awareness. Meaningful work. Work on challenges that help you to grow. You’ll have the chance to develop vital skills, explore your passions, and build a rich and rewarding career.
To analyze and underwrite highly complex new and renewal business, under minimal direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework as a subject matter expert, ensuring a high level service to customers.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused – The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
- Manage market facing underwriters who proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Identifies new growth opportunities with select and non-select brokers in the Eastern region.
- Ensure that accounts are qualified, and meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Along with underwriters in areas supervised, make broker and customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Oversee negotiations of Terms & Conditions and closes deals.
- Ensure cross-sell working closely with property, specialty and auto team in the region to increase product density with the account.
- Provide continuous coaching on sales best practices.
- Mentor staff to develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
- Closely monitor key metrics such as net promoter scores, rate changes, retention, sales funnel and new business production of team.
- Identify market trends and coverage’s exposures that may impact business results. Work with actuarial pricing when needed to insure a proper rate / price structure.
- Support development and maintenance of broker relationships to achieve profitable growth, market share, product mix, new business and account retention.
- Improve customer relations, profitability and productivity by continually analyzing branch office´s new business, loss ratio, expense ratio, loss frequency, broker distribution, product mix to determine it´s impact on other business units.
- Business Travel, as required
- Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
- Maintain a Valid Driver’s License, as required
- Regular Predictable Attendance
- Visibility in the Office, as required
Additional Job Functions
- Monitor and oversee portfolio exposure, taking appropriate action to ensure no limits have been breached and full compliance with relevant regulations.
- Contribute to and implement agreed technical standard, controls, practices and procedures thereby maintaining integrity of underwriting function.
- Develop and propose action plans for improvement in dealing with complex customer cases in response to business partner and customer feedback to enable the organization to meet their needs.
- Provide expert advice within specialized area of underwriting to key stakeholders/customers in order to identify and deliver solutions that benefit the organization and their customers.
- Use insights from customers, brokers and own technical expertise to develop new or enhanced propositions that meet customer needs.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Manage and coach a team of professional and/or managerial employees.
- Recruit and select employees to join team and determine when team members should be retained.
- Establish objectives and set priorities for direct reports. Assess performance of direct reports at mid-year and year-end and implement development plans, and incorporate quality reviews on the performance assessments.
- Develop a people management strategy to optimize staff development and retention, and manage performance of team members, including ensuring team members comply with company policies and expectations and take appropriate action.
- Provide regular, actionable coaching and feedback to employees to review progress, recognize accomplishments, support development and/or improve performance.
Education / Experience Required
- University Diploma or Equivalent and 15 or more years of experience in the Liability (GL and Umbrella/Excess) Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry.
- 3 to 5 years managerial experience leading a team of liability underwriters would be an asset.
Only applicable for Canada: For Zurich Canada’s commitment to diversity and accessibility please click here. If you would prefer to not receive future electronic messages from Zurich Insurance Company Ltd’s recruitment management system, please email your request to have your job profile deleted from the system by clicking here. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd 100 King St., W., Suite 5500, Toronto, ON, M5X 1C9. www.zurichcanada.com
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: