- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
AVP, Liability National Accounts Underwriter
AVP, Liability National Accounts Underwriter
Working within the National Accounts Casualty team in Toronto, the role of this Casualty Specialist underwriting role is to generate a pipeline of new business opportunities whilst managing a renewal portfolio of highly complex risk managed accounts with revenues $1B or greater.
Supported by a dedicated local team of Underwriting Assistants, Liability Risk Engineers, International Service Specialists, Pricing Actuaries and an industry leading claims team, this is your opportunity to join a growing and highly successful organization.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: OR Finance, Accounting or Banking experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Und erwriting Support area
• Experience with Microsoft Office
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Casualty underwriting with increasing responsibility in handling accounts with increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Bachelors Degree
- Advanced knowledge and practice of line/s of business
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional Insurance Designation; CIP, CRM or equivalent.
- As a customer led organization, you must lead innovation and drive change by challenging the status quo in seeking creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage and grow trusting relationships with regional brokers in Ontario.
- In depth understanding of regional / local insurance demographics and competitor landscape.
- Proactively seek new account opportunities in keeping with Zurich’s strategy and risk appetite.
- Drive the target account process with assigned brokers, managing a qualified list of opportunities a minimum of 120 days prior to effective date.
- Comprehensive knowledge of liability coverages, deductible and retention structures.
- In depth understanding of complex account structures, including ability to underwrite primary liability, umbrella and excess lines of business for a wide variety of industry classes.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks and provide sustainable solutions in balancing the needs of the client while maintaining account profitability.
- Superior organizational, deal management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements and related information.
- Experience with facultative reinsurance placements and ability to negotiate competitive terms.
- Proactively drive involvement of functional areas in the Underwriting process, including e.g. Risk Engineering, Claims, Actuarial, Finance, Distribution and other LoB’s.
- Highly collaborative – total account view in working with other Zurich Lines of Business to drive product density and consistently provide “best possible terms”.
- Assist in training and mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Business Travel, as required.
- Extended hours during Peak Periods, as required.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License, as required.
- Highly collaborative – total account view in working with other Zurich
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: