AVP & Manager – Transactional & Programs Pricing
Leads a team with overall responsibility for managing the pricing process for large accounts, analytics function or Sub Business unit and provides support and advice to the relevant chief pricing actuary and to the actuarial business partners, including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including Associates Degree
• Bachelors Degree
• 8 or more years of experience in the Actuarial area plus FCAS or equivalent international certification
• 13 or more years of experience in the Actuarial area plus ACAS or equivalent international certification
• People management experience
• Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management) and knowledge/skills reflective of a senior practitioner
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Lead the pricing of new/renewal business and development of effective pricing/rating structures in the most complex environments and lines of business.
• Manage profit margins on new and renewal business and lead analyses related to tracking and improving portfolio performance.
• Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses including trend analyses, reinsurance analyses and analyses of loss and expense reserves, as it relates to pricing adequacy and strategic direction.
• Collaborate with and influence Market Facing and Product Underwriting on strategic portfolio and individual account pricing decisions.
• Provide direction and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues.
• Lead the design, testing and maintenance of pricing models and tools.
• Interface with regulators and auditors on pricing issues.
• Remain current with regulatory/market conditions and apply this knowledge in pricing.
• Take a lead role in pricing accounts, performing risk transfer analysis, and reviewing collateral needs.
• May interact with external customers and clients through the pricing of large, complex products and individual accounts.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.