Company: 9235612 Canada Inc./ El Mariachi
Business information: We are a restaurant specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine.
Business address: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Organize and set up the bar
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Clean draft beer system
- Advise on wine selection
- Inform customers regarding the contents of cocktails or other drinks
- Collect cash, credit/debit cards, or other payment for beverages
- Record and balance beverage sales
- Store beverage and food products
- Order bar stock and maintain inventory and control of bar stock
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Operate the POS system
– Education: Completion of secondary is required
– Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a bartender is required. If the candidate does not have at least 1-2 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required
Experience with specialty Mexican cocktails is a strong asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding
Personal Suitability: Initiative, Team player, Reliability, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized
Language: English is required
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 hourly, 40-50 hours per week.
Benefits: 50% Discount on meals, 1% weekly tip, medical and dental benefits are provided. If the candidate is willing to relocate, the employer covers the transportation costs.
Flexibility in schedule is required. Day shifts are 11:30 am to 5 pm, and afternoon shifts are 5 pm to 11 pm. Overtime and weekend work will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7