Company: Loyalist Cove Marina Inc. o/a Loyalist Cove Marina
Business information: Loyalist Cove Marina is a full-service marina located near Kingston, Ontario in the village of Bath within a sheltered deep water cove. It is the gateway to the Thousand Islands and the home to some of the best fresh water boating in the world. We are dedicated to repairing and maintaining boats. Winter and summer storage are also available for cradles, trailers, boats, personal water crafts, outboards and masts either directly at the marina or at our nearby offsite storage (Loyalist Cove Repair & Storage)
Business Address: 100 Bayshore Drive, Bath, ON, K0H 1G0
Work Location: Same as above and 151 County Road #4, Bath, ON, K0H 1G0
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other materials to form boats
- Caulk decks and hulls
- Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories
- Repair boats: Repair and modification of composite boats of all sizes using glass fiber, and polyethylene-based products such as polyester, vinyl ester, and epoxy resin systems
- Mark defects to be repaired
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Trimming and sanding plastic or fiberglass parts
- Perform repairs that are vacuum-bagged and cured with heat control
- Understand and perform gel coat colour matching and restoration
-Education: No formal education is required.
-Experience: At least 1 year of experience in the field is required.
-Boating experience: Motorboats, Sailboats
-Knowledge in cutting, grinding, sanding, laminating, and post-cure methods on composite (fiberglass) boats is required.
– Woodworking, welding and overall marina knowledge are a strong asset.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding, Sitting, Standing for extended periods, Handling heavy loads, hand-eye coordination, Repetitive tasks.
-Personal Suitability: Reliability, Flexibility, Team player, Organized
-Work site environment: Indoors, Outdoors, At heights, Noisy, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated, Confined spaces
-Weight Handling: More than 45kg (100 lbs.)
-Type of Materials: Fibreglass, Wood, Metal
-Coating/Application Specialization: Fibreglassing
-Language: English is required
Salary: $26.06 per hour, 42.5 hours per week.
Benefits: Health care plan, Free parking available, Team building opportunities, Learning/training paid by employer, Group insurance benefits, Bonus. Uniforms and tools provided. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Transportation from one work location to the other is provided.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on weekends and overtime may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 100 Bayshore Drive, Bath, ON, K0H 1G0
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Boat assembly repairer, fibreglass****