BUDGET & FINANCIAL ANALYST :
($67,712.13 – $78,694.16 annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis & Government Relations, the Budget & Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and writing project business cases, proposals, and other submissions for review by Finance Senior Management, other departments within the Commission, Executives, the Ministry Responsible for Housing and Treasury Board/Staff. The position requires strong and effective (verbal and written) communication and interpersonal skills. The position will also be responsible for developing strong working relationships and liaising extensively with BC Housing’s core business areas to effectively summarize and present information that conveys the desired perspective on BC Housing.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting, finance, or in a relevant subject field.
- Considerable work experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment carrying out complex financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting functions within the public sector environment.
- Considerable knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of government decision-making and policy development processes and structures.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and understand mission-critical corporate enterprise applications and IT systems (i.e. JDE1 and WebFOCUS).
- Ability to exercise attention to details with high degree of accuracy especially working with numbers and dollars.
- Ability to take initiative proactively and work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.