Date: Sep 17, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
43456 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Hydro One is committed to becoming a trusted partner for Indigenous People. We are on a transformative journey to further Indigenous inclusion at Hydro One. We are looking for a dynamic team-player interested in championing and enhancing Indigenous engagement, procurement and employment initiatives at Hydro One. The incumbent will also play a key role in supporting the implementation of Hydro One’s Indigenous Relation Strategy through development, implementation & monitoring of new operational policies, processes and systems for the larger Indigenous Relations team.
- Work collaboratively with other lines of business and Indigenous communities, organizations and businesses as well as other partners to advance the implementation of Hydro One’s Indigenous Relations strategy and program.
- Contribute to development of operational engagement policies, processes and tools (e.g. regional engagement plans, community impact process, heat map etc.) to minimize risk and foster long-term trust based relationships with Indigenous communities.
- Manage the execution of strategic plans with contractors and other vendors in collaboration with other lines of business.
- Monitor, review and report on all implementation activities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Indigenous community research related to the development and implementation of the Indigenous Relations policies and strategy.
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-functional teams in relation to Indigenous Relations policies, procedures and strategy implementation.
- Prepare documentation in support of Hydro One’s participation in various organizations related to Indigenous Relations, such as the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Certificate
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience working in Indigenous communities across Canada
- Knowledge of community engagement strategies, approaches and tactics
- Significant experience working on large projects involving complex strategies
- University Degree or College Diploma with 10+ years of experience and a successful record of developing and delivering community engagement strategies through to implementation; lived experiences working or living in an Indigenous community will also be considered
- Experience managing, mentoring, and motivating a team
- Excellent organization skills – a demonstrated history of effective time management, coordination with stakeholders, managing (internal or external) expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to achieve results and manage budgets
- Strong analytical, creative and strategic skills
- Solid negotiating, influencing and decision making
- Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2021.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: October 4 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.