Date: Apr 6, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
42481 – Toronto – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Engage in monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis activities
- Utilize existing management systems to analyze information to produce a variety of business information such as KPIs, scorecards, management reports, trends, performance reports and dashboard reports.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders within and external to Hydro One to ensure mutual objectives are achieved.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives in order to drive efficiency and productivity improvements across the company
- Assist with the administration of the Capital Project Delivery governance processes
- Develop and maintain detailed guidelines, process flows, training material and job aids for approved business processes including, but not limited to Hydro One’s Capital Project Delivery Model
- Identify, define and prioritize process improvements related to Project Management practices and Hydro One’s Capital Project Delivery Model.
- Enhance workflows and processes by working with internal stakeholders to identify, develop and roll out process improvements, including monitoring success of process improvements that have been implemented.
- Facilitate cross-functional workshops to improve business processes by understanding and communicating current practices and proposing modifications with a broad perspective to stakeholder requirements
- Develop and deliver training modules to help end users understand and effectively use processes as designed.
- Other related duties as required.
- Requires relevant and demonstrable reporting, analysis and process improvement experience.
- Requires thorough working knowledge of business economics to carry out analysis, evaluate alternatives, and assess performance results.
- Requires experience with the measurement, design, monitoring, analysis and reporting of process metrics to give advice and guidance on business processes performance, including setting performance measures and targets.
- Experience with MS Visio and PowerPoint considered an asset
- Requires the ability to effectively facilitate cross functional meetings.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and facilitation skills are essential for this role
- Requires the ability to work well under pressure and with tight timelines.
- Requires experience in developing and implementing strategies, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Requires excellent business writing and verbal communication skills to effectively develop and present detailed analysis, reports, training, etc.
- Requires strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Requires experience with working effectively in team settings.
- Requires experience with the transmission/distribution business to be familiar with the overall operation, functions of major organizational groups, policy and planning practices
- Requires knowledge of and experience with Project Management processes and Project Delivery practices
- Requires strong working knowledge and experience with SharePoint, MS Office
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training or equivalent work experience (i.e. Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, etc.).
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 20, 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Business Process, Developer, Engineer, Project Manager, Sharepoint, Management, Technology, Engineering