- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
Working under general supervision to identify gaps between business objectives and systems scope by interviewing business owners, conducting research and drawing on own knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements in order to propose and develop approved system enhancements. The role also guides and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or Engineering and 5 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
• Process reengineering, e.g. LEAN/Six Sigma, Continuous improvement methodologies
• Process modeling tools
• Business Systems Integration
• Looking for knowledge in the Insurance industry that has delivery and transformation experience in commercial insurance
• Translates stakeholder inputs into meaningful business requirements and rules, and then into stories that the scrum teams can deliver against
• Create and maintain detailed documentation on products and processes using a wide variety of technical tools that are constantly evolving.
• Understand business priorities to effectively coordinate multiple streams of work at one time
• Analyze, design and implement solutions for the P&C line of business for Insurance industry.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
• Must have led BA teams in prior engagements
• Guidewire certified professional
• Certified in agile methodology (Scrum / SAFe)
• Experience in implementing solution on the Cloud platform
• InsureTech enthusiast
• Hands-on experience with Thunderhead/SmartCOMM (nice to have)
• Been part of implementations of Guidewire product suite (ClaimCentre, PolicyCentre) preferably
• Data mapping or data binding skills
• XML schema understanding
• Experience integrating Guidewire with multiple upstream systems (e.g. CRM, DnB, SmartComms, etc)
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: