Company: River Craftsmen Company Limited O/A Verge Select
Business Location: 43 Bruce Street S, Thornbury, ON, N0H 2P0
Work Location: 173 Clark, Clarksburg, ON, N0H 1J0
Business Information: We are an all-inclusive architectural, building and design firm
Type of Employment: Permanent– Full-time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made
Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce
joints. Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit,
using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
– Help to trim excess material from work pieces
– Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
– Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
– Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools including power saws, jointers,
mortisers, molders, or shapers to cut, shape and form part and components
– Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
– Help to perform some rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality,
according to the plans and specifications
– Ability to read drawings
– Maintain a safe and clean jobsite
– Care for tools, equipment and materials
– Installation of standard wall-hung cabinetry and accessories.
– Measure and mark dimensions of part on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting,
following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
– Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
– Attach part or subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails,
screws or clamps.
– Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
– Attach decorative or functional accessories to products.
– Match materials for colour, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in cabinetmaking is required. If the
candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Familiarity with heritage methods and techniques is an asset.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity.
-Personal suitability: Ability to interact well with team members, effective interpersonal skills.
Salary: $19.00 to 21.00 hourly, 42.5 hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: The hours of operation are 8:00am to 5:00pm. If there is a deadline to
meet, it is expected that employees either start earlier or finish later. Overtime work might be
required on weekends.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to P.O. Box 1089, 43 Bruce Street S, Thornbury, ON, N0H