Career Opportunity: Calls for Justice Coordinator
Location: Prince George, BC
Employment Type: Full Time 35 hrs/wk
Carrier Sekani Family Services (CSFS) – A Great Experience Awaits You: CSFS is an innovative and progressive leader in indigenous health and family services where culture is in everything we do. Since our beginnings 30 years ago, CSFS has grown to over 300 employees providing services to 11-member Nations. Enjoy unique experiences, close connections with communities, and a strong focus on professional development opportunities, as well as the natural wonders of the northern BC while you work.
The Opportunity: The goal of this position is to address historical and systemic issues of women going missing or being murdered along the highway 16 corridor from Williams Lake BC to Haida Gawai BC, and continue to advocate and address policy that impacts the safety of Indigenous women, in alignment with the recommendations of the Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women’s Inquiry (MMIW).
- Development, implementation and monitoring of the National Toolkit for the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
- Work with First Nations community members, service providers and other stakeholders to identify strengths within communities in order to build the capacity to respond to the needs of women who are victims of violence.
- Assist in the development of a media campaign; including radio and television Public Service Announcements and website updates.
- Facilitate life skill development, health, wellness and healing, addictions, family violence, abuse, self-esteem, culture and traditions, disabilities and engaging youth, families and individuals in healthy activities
Go to www.csfs.org/jobs to view the full job description for this career opportunity.
What You Will Bring to The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Services preferred
- Minimum of 5 years program and contract management experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years management experience
- A background in Education, Therapeutic Life Skills, Social Services, Health Sciences or an appropriate combination of education and employment experience in a related field
Prince George sits on the traditional lands of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation and is the largest city in northern B.C. It is a community that includes the renowned University of Northern B.C. and the College of New Caledonia, affordable housing, complemented by an international airport. Prince George offers unparalleled access to outdoor recreation that contributes to the city’s high quality of life and standards of living. The Fraser and Nechako rivers are focal points of an extensive park and trail system of more than 100 parks. Enjoy opportunities for year-round outdoor activities from camping to snowshoeing. Learn more about Prince George at https://tourismpg.com/ .
What CSFS Team Members Are Saying
- We live by our organization values of Responsibility, Caring and Compassion while caring and advocating for vulnerable people.
- Supported to pursue life long learning, professional development and recognition for your contribution
- Family like atmosphere without traditional corporate inflexibility
- Recognize the value of Carrier Sekani Knowledge holders and language speakers
Its All For You:
- Excellent total compensation package including competitive wages, benefits and pension plan
- Unique, generous and flexible time off options promoting work life family balance
- Education, and professional development opportunities
Hurry and Apply Now! Go to www.csfs.org/jobs to view the full job description for this career opportunity.
Deadline to apply: June 29, 2022.Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
With the continuation of the global pandemic and because CSFS provides services to First Nations communities, classified as “Vulnerable Populations,” and to protect the health and safety of employees, candidates applying for employment will need to agree to provide their covid-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.