- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Capital Planning Student
Capital Planning Student
|Date||October 14, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :CAPITAL PLANNING STUDENT
Interior Health is looking for a Capital Planning student to join our friendly department. This location of this position is flexible within the IH region.
What will you work on?
This is a position within Capital Planning and Projects dedicated to completion of a Post Occupancy Evaluation at Penticton Regional Hospital. The successful occupant will also get exposure the Clinical Design aspects of Healthcare Facility planning, designing, construction and operational commissioning.
Our IH Capital Planning and Projects team consists of our Chief Project Officer, 2 Directors, 3 Senior PM’s, 11 PM’s, 9 Clinical Leads/Advisors and 8 Equipment, 7 Procurement, 2 Finance, 1 Security and 2 Information Technology Specialists.
Working with an IH Project Planner / Project Manager you will:
– Attend project initiation meetings to determine key stakeholders, key milestones and potential risks to the project
– Develop project scope
– Assist procurement team with development of procurement documents and selection
– Work with the external consultants to develop project schedules
– Send out meeting invitations to key stakeholders
– Develop Functional Programs, Schedule of Accommodations and Business Plans
– Assist the Design Team to ensure all needed information is available and all key input is provided in a timely manner from the key stakeholders
– Monitor schedule to ensure completion of key design milestones
– Monitor project budget and provide monthly status updates
– Consult with Clinical Leads / PM’s on the critical steps and planning that is required to decant spaces in preparation for renovations and on preparing the area to open
– Consult with our Infection Control Specialist on procedures that are required to ensure construction areas are safe for the surrounding healthcare spaces
– Work with our equipment team to ensure all equipment will fit into the spaces and the necessary infrastructure is provided
– Work with IT, Workplace Health and Safety and Security specialists to ensure there criteria is incorporated into the design
This position can be offered as either a 4 month or 8 month term. If 4 months, you will either focus on working with the Planning Team developing project scope, functional programs, schedule of accommodations and concept plans or with the Project Management Team working on the design, construction and building commissioning of a project.
Overnight travel can be anticipated. Typical hours are 8:00-4:00 Mon – Fri however these may fluctuate at times especially when traveling.
Who are we looking for?
IH will offer you a unique work experience assisting in the project management/coordination of healthcare facility planning, design, construction projects and possibly operational commissioning (preparing the area/site to open). Because we have a large team and many projects at different levels of completion, you will get exposure to all these phases. As well, Healthcare is a special niche and is known to be more challenging to design and construct than typical commercial and residential projects. You will get the opportunity to work with Planning Specialists, Design Teams including Architects, Engineers, IT, Security, Equipment and Clinical Specialists as well as front line staff/physicians. You will get exposure to BC building codes, Canadian Standards Association for Healthcare, Elder Friendly design and B.C. Disability Codes among others.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health… What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation! Apply today!
**Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL/MH facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Min 3rd or 4th year Engineering Student or 3rd of 4th year degree with a Project Management emphasis
• Highly motivated to work and learn in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to effectively use MS excel, Word, and general computer applications; will be expected to learn and utilize Blue Beam software
• Passion for risk mitigation and problem solving
• Student leadership experience (considered an asset)
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: