Company: Alpha Building Construction Ltd.
Business Information: We specialize in commercial and residential projects in the Lower
Business Address: 1823 Chesterfield Ave, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2P2
Work Location: Various locations throughout the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region.
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Anticipated Start DateAs soon as possible
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors stairs, moulding, and hardware
- Maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments
- May prepare cost estimates for clients
Education: Completion of secondary school is required
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not
have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate is required
OR completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive Tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Personal suitability: Organized, Team player, Reliability, Client focus, Accurate.
Language: English is required
Work Site Environment: Dusty, Noisy, Dangerous, Outdoors
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 hourly, 40 – 45 hours per week
Important Information: Work schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. However, flexibility on schedule is required. Work on weekends may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1823 Chesterfield Ave, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2P2