Company: Great Floors Oxford Inc. / Great Floors
Business information: Great Floors in Ingersoll has been providing top quality flooring and products to Oxford, Middlesex, Perth and Norfolk Counties for 30 years. Our large showroom displays an extensive selection of superior products and samples while showcasing designer brands. Their well-stocked warehouse ensures the flooring you want is available at the best price possible. The friendly staff at Great Floors Ingersoll is focused on your individual needs, providing family-oriented service at each and every contact.
Business Address: 194253 19th Line, Ingersoll, ON, N5C 3J6
Work Location: Various locations throughout Oxford, Middlesex, Perth and Norfolk Counties and locations in general with a maximum of a two-hour drive from the business address.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
• Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
• Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
• Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
• Prepare and install hardwood floors
• Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
• Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
• Prepare floors for installations
• Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
• Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
• Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting
• Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
• Perform double-bond carpet installations
• Install outdoor carpets
• Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired)
• Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms
• Install vinyl decking materials
• Prepare flooring plans and scheduling
• Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: Between 2 to 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have 2 to 3 years of experience, then, completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program is required
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, hand-eye coordination.
-Position requires frequent traveling. A valid driver’s license is required as we will provide a vehicle for transportation from work to the different locations.
Salary: $24.04 to $26.04 per hour, 40-48 hours per week.
Benefits: Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We also provide uniforms. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
The schedule goes from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and two 15-minute paid breaks. Saturday work might be required in the same schedule. Flexibility is required. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 194253 19th Line, Ingersoll, ON, N5C 3J6