Shambhala Music Festival is now looking for Catering Coordinators to join our paid Staff during the festival this summer! Positions run from June 27 – July 28 on the festival site near Salmo, BC. Catering Coordinators manage the overall planning, service and distribution of Crew meals, including approving compiled data, delegation of required tasks to volunteers, and assuring FoodSafe standards for meal services are met.
• Develop model and plan for effective distribution of meals from the Crew Kitchen
• Oversee Crew meal services, monitoring quality of service and ensuring all standards are met
• Review Consumption patterns and slippage making adjustments as needed
• Train and supervise Catering crew as directed by the Food & Beverage Manager
• Ensure crew stays hydrated and receive regular breaks and meals
• Pick up timesheet at Timekeeping office before each shift (if first shift of the day) and return to Payroll at end of shift (if last shift of the day), ensuring all crew sign in/out on the timesheet properly
• Run daily tailgate meetings with all crew members at the beginning of each shift
• Complete Daily Journal and Post-Show reports, handing in to HR before leaving the farm
• Execute and display the Shambhala spirit of love, magic, and welcome at each point of contact in a warm and friendly way
• Experience working in Food & Beverage management or Catering services an asset
• Previous experience managing high volumes of information, problem solving
• Strong organizational skills
• Foodsafe certification required
• Experience leading a team of 5 or more required
To apply, please send resumes and availability to [email protected]
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.