TO Live has a full-time opportunity in its Patron and Event Services Department in the role of Catering Manager. We are looking for a talented Caterer to join our team. TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-art organizations, we are the team behind three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre.
The Catering Manager will work closely with the Executive Chef and the Patron and Event teams to create seamless events.
- Coordinate and oversee all catering elements relating to corporate and private events.
- Coordinate and oversee all elements of artist and event riders.
- Prepare proposals/estimates as required.
- Work with Executive Chef, and Client to determine a proper menu for each event and coordinate menu planning meetings as required.
- Distribute Event Orders to all appropriate departments to facilitate efficient purchasing, planning, and employee scheduling.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Conduct weekly catering briefing to review menus and set up requirements and to ensure last minute changes are communicated.
- Work with Event Manager to create floor plans for all food and beverage elements according to the event requirements.
- Design and execute setups to create excellent patron experiences.
- Coordinate external vendors to fulfill event requirements. (Linen, equipment, flowers, etc.)
- Respond to patron and staff concerns.
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with clients, prior to, during and post event
- In conjunction with Event Managers ensure that all costs and expenditures are within the budgeted levels agreed upon in the estimate.
- Keep financial and administrative records of any changes that may affect the final billing for each event.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required
- Review and monitor approved budget goals including revenues, cost of materials and payroll
- Input and update relevant event information into EBMS (Event Business Management Software) including completion of service and purchase orders.
- Ensure billing accuracy
- Assist in the ordering and the maintaining of inventory
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Director of Patron and Event Services or their designate.
- Organize, lead, and motivate the catering team including but not limited to internal and external staffing resources to deliver event requirements.
- manage the payroll
- Determine appropriate number of service staff required to deliver on event requirements.
- Lead and direct the work of Event Attendants including hiring, training, scheduling and supervising
- Ensure that all employees project a positive, approachable, friendly, and professional image.
- Work with outside staffing agencies to supplement event staffing requirements
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed by all staff working during set-up for events and event day, as per Toronto Public Health and TO Live Covid-19 Workplace Safety guidelines.
- Smart Serve Certified.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Catering Manager or similar role
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Explorer & Outlook in a Windows operating environment.
- Understanding of food and beverage allergies, religious food restrictions, sensitivities, and current food and event trends
- Understanding of basic food and beverage sanitation
- Ability to communicate with employees and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and organize
- Strong time-management skills
- Must be familiar with working in a union environment and be aware of the working conditions set out in the Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Variable hours of work depending on performance and event schedules
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: July 26, 2022
Application Deadline: August 08, 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible