Company: Rossdown Farms Ltd.
Business information: We are a fourth generation family business, located in British Columbia. We produce the feed, breed and hatches the chicks, grows and process the poultry to deliver products that are fresh and distinctive for people who appreciate a genuine farm plate alternative.
Business Address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1E2
Work Location: 4184 Ross Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1Z6
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Catch and remove live chickens out of the predetermined assigned poultry barns
• Abide by all animal welfare standards
• Load chickens into modules/crates
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Catching and loading poultry from predetermined assigned poultry barns for shipment to processing plants
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment to bring loading modules and containers in and out of the predetermined poultry barns to be loaded with chickens and then onto trucks headed to the processing facilities.
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and chicken coops
• Clean barns and chicken coops
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Ensure that the catching and removal of all birds from inside the barns including all stray birds on the outside of the barns is done in a safely, timely and humanely manner
• Ensure compliance with all of the company’s rules, including all of the governmental regulations
• Place the live birds in cages
-Education: Not Required.
-Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided on-site
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
-Work site environment: Outdoors, Confined spaces, Wet/damp, Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
-Personal suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Team player, Reliability.
-Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
– Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/farms; e.g. hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, chicken feathers, and chicken feces / acidic odors.
– Function under repetitive movement of certain parts of the palms, fingers, wrist, hand, lower arm, upper arm, shoulder and back movements, while bending the top half part of the body over for prolonged periods of time.
– Remain drug and alcohol free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position.
– Prolonged concentration is required while catching the chickens to ensure that they are not injured during this process
Salary: $16.50 per hour, 45 – 50 Hours per week.
Benefits: Extended Health benefits, Dental benefits, Discount on chicken. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Important information Flexibility is required. This position will require working 10 hours per day. The hours of work will depend on variable factors such as flock size and team members in attendance. Weekend and overtime work may be required based on the business’ needs.
Rural area, Remote location.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V4X 1E2