Position Summary: The Chief Executive Director is directly responsible for the overall efficient and effective administrative and financial management, operational program areas and services of Wasauksing First Nation.
Other regular duties of this role include:
- Oversee and direct the administration of the program areas and services of the First Nation, maintaining direct contact, verbal and written, with Chief and Council on all matters concerning Wasauksing First Nation business.
- Responsible for Wasauksing First Nation’s community and governance development plans and activities and ensuring the Vision and Strategic Plan approved by Council is implemented in an efficient and effective manner and that the Senior Management Team and staff are current and up to date on the direction of Council and carryout the appropriate elements of the Vision and Strategic Plan as designated and assigned.
- Liaise with other First Nations, program agencies, and related organizations/institutions to network effectively for the benefit of Wasauksing First Nation, Chief and Council and the community.
- Advocate on behalf of Wasauksing First Nation with agencies, organizations/institutions to ensure the interests of the First Nation are represented.
- Liaise with WFN’s Legal representatives, and/or attend applicable court hearings, arbitration hearings etc., as designated on behalf of the First Nation to ensure WFN is represented in a professional manner, and that their interests are protected.
The successful candidate for this position will have
- Minimum Business Management/Administration Masters/Honors degree and 5 years experience in a First Nation setting
- an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar or related position with a proven demonstration of skills.
- Professional affiliations in Business, Law, Finance or other related fields desirable.
- A valid driver’s license
- A CPIC required
If you know you possess and can regularly demonstrate:
- Be guided by and be respective of the Anishinaabe Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Must have a proficient level of communication skills, verbal and written.
- Collaborative communication style that creates a cohesive and positive workplace environment
- The ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is an asset
Applicants may request a full Job Description by contacting [email protected]
Resume and applications will be accepted until 4:30pm- Friday January 29th, 20121