- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Open Until filled
- To provide the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation (MCFN) Council and its departments with an accurate accounting and reporting of its financial position in both the short and long term, consistent with established policies.
- To work with the Chief Operating Officer to improve the effectiveness of the Finance Department’s services by developing and maintaining effective controls and documentation.
- To work with the MCFN Council and Chief Operating Officer to develop a long-term financial strategy for the organization.
Education and Experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) which includes CPA, CGA; CPA, CA and CPA CMA.
- A working knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and Federal legislation, policies and regulations that impact the First Nation
- Working knowledge of the Canada Labour Code
- Must have a solid background in computers with specific knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Must be able to work independently overseeing millions of dollars in funds and the financial activities of multiple departments and programs;
- Must be able to provide advice to the Council on financial strategy and financial arrangements and be able to manage and direct staff to carry out the financial duties of all departments;
- Excellent knowledge of corporate financial law
- Hands-on experience with risk management
- Hands-on experience with financial management software
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Results of a current criminal reference check
Salary: $100,000 – $115,000 annually, as per the MCFN Executive Director Salary Grid
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three current work related references (in addition to the above) to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
RR#6 Hagersville, ON
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Admin Building or by email at [email protected]
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: