- Develop and monitor objectives for the financial department
- Create policies that allow each department to work in the most organized way
- Appoint managers and senior team leaders within the financial department
- Handle negotiations for mergers, acquisitions, and the establishment of new divisions within the company
- Allocate company funds accordingly to ensure each department can function at an optimal pace
- Determine realistic goals and establish financial controls to maintain maximum productivity
- Manage and oversee all financial affairs for the organization
- Providing strategic management of the accounting and finance functions
- Directing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Recommending improvements to ensure the integrity of a company’s financial information
- Managing or overseeing the relationship with independent auditors
- Collaborating with chief information officers on technology decisions
- Overseeing financial systems implementations and upgrades
- Managing relationships with investors and investment institutions
- Identifying and managing business risks and insurance requirements
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: