Employer: Anubha S. and Andrew B.
Employer’s address: Armour Crescent, Ancaster, ON
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Bathe, dress and feed children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Prepare children for rest periods
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Take children to all the appointments needed
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize activities such as games and outings for children
- Supervise and care for children
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: At least 6 months of full-time experience as a caregiver is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-pace environment, repetitive tasks, attention to detail, combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
-Personal Suitability: Excellent oral and written communication, initiative, judgement, reliability, effective interpersonal skills, organized, flexibility
-Work setting: Private home – Employer’s home
-Children ages: Three children: 1-year-old twins and a 2-year-old child.
Salary: $15.75 – $17.75 hourly, 40 – 44 hours per week.
Important Information: Monday to Friday. Schedule starts from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. However, this position requires flexibility in schedule due to the parents’ work schedules. Thus, weekend work might be required. The work schedule includes 30 minutes of lunch-time, which is paid. The caregiver will be responsible for the care of three children. Ages: 1-year-old twins and a 2-year-old child.
-Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]