Company: C & K Services Ltd.
Business information: C & K Services Ltd. provides a variety of cleaning, maintenance, and construction services that both meet and exceed our customer expectations. We are constantly researching and implementing new technologies to assist in providing practical and beneficial value-added services to our customers.
Business address: 1822-B Qaqqamuit Road, Iqaluit, NU, X0A 0H0
Work Location: Multiple locations in Iqaluit, Nunavut depending on the clients’ locations
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: as soon as possibl
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the light-duty cleaners
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Assist cleaners in performing duties
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Establish work schedules
- Train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
- Handle lost and found items
- Attend to customers’ requests for extra supplies or other items
- Drive from one work location to another
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: At least 2 years of experience cleaning and disinfecting high-risk areas such as airplanes, airports, isolation units, and others; or as a cleaning supervisor are required
– Driver’s license is required to drive to the clients’ locations
-Ability to supervise a working group of 1 to 7 light-duty cleaners per shift
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending crouching, kneeling, handling heavy loads, and standing for extended periods.
Personal suitability: Client focus, reliability, dependability, initiative, effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, and judgment.
– Language: English is required
Salary: $25.50 to $26.50, 40 to 60 hours per week
Benefits: Transportation to and from work locations and uniforms. Accommodation is provided at no cost. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Must have flexible availability to work on weekends and holidays depending on workload. Average work schedule is from 5:00 PM to 4:00 AM with a 30 minutes dinner break, and 2 days off on a rotational basis. Overtime will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail: P.O. Box 11003 Iqaluit, NU, X0A 0H0