This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for designing, automating and deploying production-grade services on behalf of the customers to various clouds such as AWS, Azure, OCI and GCP. This position works closely with the Cloud Architect and Development teams to ensure that infrastructure fulfills the project’s deliverables while maintaining high quality and operational maturity standards.
- Collaborate with Development and Architecture teams to build complex and highly available cloud environments for Internal and External infrastructure builds.
- Provide Level 3 Technical support to Internal teams, Customers and Partners to support our core product.
- Lead and educate clients on cloud deployment patterns.
- Act as an SME for implementing and building infrastructure to support our core product.
- Investigate and resolve any customer integration issues that arise during implementation.
- Design procedure for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Perform root cause analysis for any implementation errors and provide the Core dev team feedback.
- Document best practices and lessons learned.
- Design, implement and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide L3 support, incident management, and troubleshooting.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- 5+ years of experience in Information technology, with infrastructure and platform services automation expertise.
- 2+ years of experience with engineering and supporting containerization technology.
- 2+ years of experience on AWS, Azure, OCI or GCP.
- Proven experience with Kubernetes/Openshift and Docker.
- Experience building end-to-end cloud solutions using low-level architecture documents.
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer requirements to net new infrastructure to address business needs.
- Drive to innovate and use various technologies to solve complex business needs.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Deep knowledge of cloud service providers and best practices around implementation and configuration, preferably managing customer environments.
- Professional Cloud Certifications are preferred.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions during the application or interview process, please let us know.