First Peoples Wellness Circle (FPWC) is a national not-for-profit corporation that is governed and managed by Indigenous leaders and exists to improve the lives of Canada’s First Peoples by addressing healing, wellness, and other mental health challenges. The mission of FPWC is to advocate for collaborative transformative change to create pathways to wellness and whole health for First Peoples shaped by diverse Indigenous cultural lenses. Our work focuses on implementation of the First Nation Mental Wellness Continuum Framework and supporting the First Nation workforce of Mental Wellness Teams.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Communications Officer will be responsible for;
- creating timely and engaging communication content for the organization,
- writing, editing, and distributing content to promote FPWC brand and resources, including publications, annual reports, and other marketing material that communicates FPWC’s activities, products, and services.
- developing marketing and communication strategies to increase FPWC brand awareness which will include events, social media, website content, Knowledge & Resource Sharing Hub, and
- organizational reports, organizing, coordinating, and maintaining FPWC events and resources, and
- support responses to media inquiries.
EDUCATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelors degree in communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in a communications role preferably within mental health and/or social services sector in an Indigenous/First Nations community organization.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to write press releases and create social media posts.
- Ability to track campaign analytics and maintain digital media archives Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, design & publishing software, and multiple social media platforms. Ability to work effectively and liaise with partners, stakeholders, and colleagues.
- High level of professionalism and able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining efficiency and accuracy Ability to work flexible hours and travel as necessary
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures with a focus on First Nations
- Ability to work in a manner respectful of First Nations cultures, values, and beliefs
- Knowledge or use of an Indigenous language and/or bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Join Our Team!
Submit your application today!
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with experience and education. Salary range $65,000-80,000 plus health benefits and pension plan.
LOCATION: This position has a remote work location from the main office located in North Bay, ON. Individuals from Ontario may be preferred however other regions will be considered.
DURATION: This is a full-time position (37.5 hrs./week)
DEADLINE: Applications will be received until position is filled.
FPWC specifically seeks to increase the number of First Nations and Indigenous employees in our organization and all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Individuals are invited to submit a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the criteria along with a current resume and three (3) work related references to:
By Mail: First Peoples Wellness Circle 857 Yellek Trail
North Bay, ON P1B 8G5
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Header: FPWC Communications Officer