COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, WEB
Job ID: 3709
Location: BURNABY, BC
The Communications Specialist, Web, supports the development, implementation and optimization of website design and content strategies. She/he/they draft and manage content for the website, support various web production projects, and coordinate the maintenance of BC Housing’s websites.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or certification in web design development, digital communications, marketing, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three years progressive related experience in communications in the areas of digital strategy and content creation, and maintenance of complex websites. Experience in working with Content Management Systems, UX optimization, usability assessments and service delivery websites.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current web editing tools, HTML and CSS
- Sound knowledge of content strategy and best practices in UX, including information architecture development
- Sound knowledge Content Management Systems and website analytics programs
- Some knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, web accessibility, digital standards, copyright/privacy laws, and Search Engine Optimization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Some knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
- Strong writing and editing abilities, including ability to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to assist the development of creative digital strategies to support business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to implement business objectives
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and work with them to resolve differences and work cohesively together Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner and display a high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Lived and / or professional experience with communities facing marginalization is an asset
How to Apply:
Please review the Job Description prior to applying for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted