- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Community Health Coordinator – Friendly Call Program
Title: Community Health Coordinator – Friendly Call Program
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Western location)
Employment status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary band: $42,473 – $53,091 per year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Friendly Calls Program Coordinator to join our Community Health team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be responsible for expanding existing services through program promotion, establishing community partnerships, and strengthening the volunteer workforce for Friendly Call Program.
In this role, you will:
- Promote Friendly Calls Program initiatives and encourage client development of the Home and Community Care sector.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a program assessment tool to determine current and future needs of the Friendly Calls Program.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a referral program to encourage client development
- Gathering data to prepare reports for the purpose of evaluating program success and referral process success.
- Strengthen and train volunteer workforce to provide Friendly Calls services utilizing existing Red Cross programs and support teams.
- Participate and promote completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
- Ensure all near-misses and incidents are promptly and accurately reported to their coordinator or designate.
- Participate in discussions regarding safety awareness during team meetings.
- Participate in internal and external program stakeholder meetings and communicate regularly with various stakeholders.
- Engage with external community partners in the Home and Community Care sector to enhance program planning and implementation.
- Ensure ethical conduct of program activities and the confidentiality of program participants.
What we are looking for:
- One to three years’ experience in community program development or a relevant sector
- Bachelor’s degree / Post secondary education in Business Administration, Health or comparable related degree is an asset
- If driving for society business; a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with employees and volunteers
- Previous experience working with volunteers, seniors, and the ability to supervise is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Volunteer management and training
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and other relevant software/programs
- Excellent collaborator and skilled in partnership development
- Punctual and organized
- This position will primarily require remote work or work from a home environment with the possibility to provide assistance in the office, depending on the needs.
- Ability to adapt to the BC’s team time zone.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: