- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Community Health Worker
Community Health Worker
|Date||September 6, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Facility :LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.91 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team in Lillooet. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is ‘yes’ then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This position is a 0.91 FTE position and works rotating evenings from 1600-2200. There are also additional opportunities for casual work – if you wish to work more hours just let us know!
Permanent employees are eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage; group life and disability insurance; paid sick and vacation time; and, when you’re ready to leave work behind, an excellent pension!
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Lillooet home support is the place for you. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate*
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: