Company: 1628538 Alberta Ltd. O/A GDL Concrete
Business information: We specialize in commercial and residential concrete projects in Edmonton and the surrounding area. We offer highly competitive pricing with uncompromised quality and workmanship.
Business Address: 1-53111 RR220, Ardrossan, Alberta, T8E 2C6
Work Location: Various locations throughout Edmonton and surrounding areas
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
· Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
· Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
· Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
· Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
· Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
· Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
· Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
· Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
· May read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
· Cut rebar with a chop saw, place rebar per drawing specification, tie rebar with rebar gun
· Level gravel with a gravel rake per the drawing specifications
· Compact gravel with a power vibrator per drawing specifications
· May drive to and from each project.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in the trade are required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then the completion of a two- to four-year apprenticeship program is required.
-Basic math skills are an asset.
-Driver’s License is an asset.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Manual dexterity
-Personal suitability: Accurate, Team player, Flexibility, Client focus, Dependability
-Work site environment: Dusty, Noisy
-Weight handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
– Language: English is required
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour, 40 – 44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Vision care benefits, Dental Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance. Vehicle and gas supplied by employer to drive to different work locations. Accommodation available at a cost.
This position will require flexibility on schedule. The employee will work from Monday to Thursday from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and on Fridays from 7:00 AM to 3:30; with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch time and 2 paid 15-minute breaks. Overtime may be required based on the clients’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 1-53111 RR220, Ardrossan, Alberta, T8E 2C6
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Concrete Finisher