($56,796.64 – $65,740.30 – Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and Contracts, the Contracts Administrator is responsible for conducting procurements and providing contract administration for a wide variety of products and services relating to the day-today operations of multi-unit residential buildings and to maintain the quality of the buildings. He/She/They applies Canadian public procurement trade agreements, Acts, guidelines, BC Housing policies and makes recommendations and provides direction to the Operations team on procurement strategies. In addition, the incumbent facilitates solicitations, awards and administers contracts, manages vendors, and processes audits.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business, purchasing, contracts administration, or other relevant field.
- Considerable progressive experience in purchasing and contract management.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Canadian public procurement agreements, Acts as well as policies, directives and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of building maintenance and repair, including parts and sources of supply for multi-unit residential building.
- Working knowledge of customized ERP systems.
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize the procurement process for procurement and contract projects.
- Ability to develop and administer solicitations.
- Ability to resolve contractual problems.
- Ability to ensure contracts are fulfilled and that customer service, budget, and operations are maintained throughout the contract relationship.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions and businesses to realize procurement goals.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service to an internal customer.
- Ability to manage entire order from requisition to payment process.
- Ability to travel on BC Housing business within the Lower Mainland.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.