Company: 9235612 Canada Inc. / El Mariachi
Business information: We are a restaurant specialized in authentic Mexican cuisine.
Business address: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Prepare and execute authentic Mexican cuisine on menu
• Operate specific appliances in the kitchen, specific to the menu
• Prepare and cook special meals
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Order supplies and equipment
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Organize and manage special events
• Manage kitchen operations
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Work under pressure, Attention to detail, Overtime required, Handling heavy loads
Personal Suitability: Judgement, Flexibility, Team player, Organized, Initiative, Client focus, Dependability, Reliability
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. If the candidate does not have 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required
– Experience cooking Mexican food is required
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 hourly, 40-50 hours per week. Overtime may be required. If extra time is needed it can go up to 50 to 60 Hours per week.
Benefits: 50% Discount on meals and 1% weekly tip are provided.
Flexibility in schedule is required especially for catering services.
Shifts: On Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. From 10am to 5pm or from 5pm to 11pm.
Friday and Saturday: from 10am to 6pm or from 6pm to 1am
Closed on Mondays
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 233 / 235 Queen Street South, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1L7