Company: Black Heart Café Inc.
Business Information: Black Heart Café Inc. is a coffee shop offering coffee and tea, espresso based beverages. Black Heart Café Inc. also offers breakfast and lunch options, including pastries, sandwiches on house-made bread, soups and salads. A catering service on site and off site is available. We are currently providing pick-up, take-out and delivery service.
Business Location: 1405 Masak Court, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
· Prepare and cook special meals for clients as instructed by chef
· Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas
· Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
· Order supplies and equipment
· Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
· Clean kitchen and work areas
· Organize and manage buffets and banquets (when the pandemic situation allows us to do so)
· Manage kitchen operations
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience. In the event that the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, attention to detail, and passion for the industry in a high-volume, full service restaurant.
-Personal suitability: Team player, initiative, client focus, dependability, reliability, must be responsible and enthusiastic.
-Ability to Supervise: 1-2 people
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 hourly, 40 – 44 hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms and meals provided. Discount on establishment’s food. Training provided by the chef and sous-chef to improve cooking techniques, learn new recipes and skills to increase performance and productivity.
Important Information: Regular schedule includes 5 days per week, between Monday to Saturday, on a rotational basis. Shifts between 6 am to 6 pm. The chosen candidate will usually work 8 hours per day, including 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes each (paid). For lunch time, the candidate will have 30 minutes per day (unpaid). Flexibility on schedule is required. Weekend work is required. Overtime and public holiday work might be required depending on the business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to P.O. Box 11505, Iqaluit, NU, X0A 0H0