A renowned restaurant “Hangout” is looking for “Chef/ Cook” for their restaurant which serves authenticates Asian cuisine. This is a permanent and full-time position with friendly environment.
Job Title: Cook
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Wage: $ 16 / hour (40 hours per week)
Work Experience: 2 to 3 years experience
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Qualifications: Completion of college or, other program in cooking or, several years of commercial cooking experience required.
Work Condition: Day, Evening, Weekends, Late nights required
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook dishes and foods in timely standards
- Must be familiar with all types of Asian curries served on our menu as well as specialize in preparing Asian foods
- Must be able to prepare different curries like butter chicken, masala chicken, lentil, Soups and Indian Vegetables etc.
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
- Estimate food requirements and costs, monitor and order Supplies
- Maintain inventory, equipment, and records of foods
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas.
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food. Supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
- Prepare special dishes for those who have allergies, intolerance and or instructed by dietician.
- Must have basic understanding of units of measure for following recipes.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
Team Player, flexibility, reliability
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Fast paced environment, handling heavy loads, Work under pressure, Repetitive Tasks, Standing for extended periods, physical Demanding
Reading text, numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, continuous learning etc.)
How to Apply: Please send your resume to: [email protected]
“NO WALK INs please”