Company: Saha Eatery Ltd. o/a Saha Eatery
Business information: Explore your palette through our use of fresh herbs, spices, ethically sourced meats, grains and legumes from throughout the Silk Road. Our food is prepared from scratch daily by combining traditional recipes with modern dietary practices.
Business address: 38128 2nd Ave., Squamish, BC V8B 0B5
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Follow and comply consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handle, store, and rotate all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Season and cook food according to recipes
- Bake, grill, and broil meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
Education: Completion of high school is required
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience as cook then a post-secondary certificate is required.
Experience with Middle Eastern cuisine is a strong asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination
Personal Suitability: Client focus, Dependability, Initiative, Organized, Team player, Reliability, Flexibility, Judgement, Energetic, Hardworking, Efficiency, Effective interpersonal skills, Integrity, Proactive, Accurate, Collaborative, Time management
Salary: $20.00 hourly, 40.00 Hours per week.
Benefits: gratuities paid bi-weekly, health spending account after three months
Important information: Work schedule will vary depending on needs of the business. Must be able to work weekends and evenings. Schedule can change depending on staff holidays, coverage required and overtime hours etc. Flexibility is key.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]