Business Information: Chubby’s is simply our take on traditional Caribbean cuisine balanced with healthy, culinary twists. Inspired by home-style cooking infused with the warmth and vibrancy of Jamaica’s culture and people, Chubby’s is a celebration of our love and respect for the island’s food and all the amazing Jamaican cooks.
Business address: 104 Portland St, Toronto, ON M5V 2N2
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods as specified by Chef and/or customers
- Cook special meals for customers with food allergies or intolerances as approved by Chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies. Ensure that all mis en place needed for service is ready for use, this involves organization of working tools (knives, pans, etc.) and preparation of dish elements, chopping of vegetables and butchery.
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Follow recipes accurately as outlined by Chef
- Coordinate timing of dish completion with other cooks, as directed by Chef
- Mark and date all stored food
- Store or dispose of all unused items
- Perform duties in accordance with Ontario Health and Safety Standards
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a cook is required. If the candidate does not have at least 2 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required
– Experience and knowledge of Jamaican cuisine is a strong asset
– Experience in high volume kitchen is a strong asset
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads (up to 9kg – 20 lbs), Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye coordination, Large workload, Work under pressure, Standing for extended periods
– Personal Suitability: Positive attitude, Efficiency, Energetic, Goal-oriented, Hardworking, Integrity, Proactive, Time management, Collaborative, Dependability, Reliability, Team player, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Accurate, Initiative, Judgement, Client focus, Flexibility
– Work Site Environment: Hot and Noisy
– Language: Intermediate English is required
Salary: $17.00 – $19.00 Hourly, 30-44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniform is provided, Dental insurance, Extended Medical Insurance, Free meals while working, Employee discount in all our GUSTO 54 restaurants. If the candidate is willing to relocate, transportation costs are covered by the employer.
Important information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Position requires extended work hours, including evening, night, weekend, and holidays as needed. The candidate will work 6 to 10 hours a day within the rotational shifts that are available from 9:00 AM up to 1:00 AM.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 104 Portland St, Toronto, ON M5V 2N2
When applying by email, include in the subject line “Cook”