Company: Yummy Shawarma Corp. O/A Yummy Shawarma and Pizza
Business information: We are a restaurant in Iqaluit that specialize in Shawarma and Pizza. We select the finest ingredients in the market to offer a real authentic taste. We offer dine-in, takeout, and delivery service to all our customers in the Iqaluit area.
Business Address: Building 1089E Mivvik Street., Iqaluit, NU X0A0H0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience OR a post-secondary certificate is required.
Knowledge in Lebanese or Italian cuisine is a strong asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure, Manual dexterity, Tight deadlines, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling
-Personal Suitability: Client focus, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player, Accurate, Effective interpersonal skills
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour, 37-42 hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation supplied to and from work, Gratuities, Meals and Uniform provided, Accommodation available.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule is Monday to Saturday from 11 AM to 7 PM and on holidays from 11 AM to 5 PM. Sundays are off. 1 paid lunch break daily of 1 hour duration and 2 paid coffee breaks, 5 minutes each. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]