Company: 2745690 Ontario Ltd o/a Heydays
Business information: Heydays is an indoor-outdoor restaurant at The June Motel in Sauble Beach, serving reinvented coastal classics and old school bevvies. We´re a place for people to come together, whether it be for magnums of rosé and oysters, our almost famous lobster rolls, or to create memories at the sundae bar.
Business address: 11 Sauble Falls Parkway, Sauble Beach, ON N0H 2G0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal / 5-month contract
Estimated Start Date: June, 1st, 2023
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods and assemble dishes as indicated by recipes.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Set up and clean kitchen and work areas including kitchen equipment, tables and shelves according to the restaurant’s protocol
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Manage kitchen operations
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Check products for quality control
- Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range
- Ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner by restocking ingredients at work station and meeting preparation times to ensure smooth delivery
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the line supervisor, sous-chef, or executive chef
-Education: Completion of high school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Experience in French cuisine, Fine dining, resorts, and sea food is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail and food quality, Work under pressure.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Dependability, Organized, Judgment, Leadership, Cleanliness
-Work Setting: Restaurant, Hotel, motel, resort
-Language: English is required.
Salary: $22.00 hourly, 40-48 hours per week.
Benefits: Discounted meals for employees are available for $5 per meal from an approved management list of items. Uniform (T-Shirt) provided. Accommodation provided at a cost, and transportation costs covered if workers need to relocate.
Important Information: We are open from Monday to Sunday during the season, from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. We have 5-7 shifts a week. Shifts will be established between 7 am and 12 am. Hence, flexibility in schedule is required. Day shifts, Night shifts, and weekend hours will be required. Overtime may be required based on the business’ needs. *If the workers work 7 days a week, then in the next week they will only work 5 days a week.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 107 Woodland Cres, Sauble Beach, ON N0H 2G0
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application-Cook*