Ginza Sushi & Poke is looking for an experienced and energetic sushi chef to join us. The candidate needs to be positive and accountable to ensure the successful operation of the restaurant. This includes the culinary presentation and the health and safety compliance of the location. Come join us for some sushi, poke and many more in downtown Penticton, BC!
- Position: Cook
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Condition: Full-time / Permanent
- Wage: $17.00-$18.00 / hour
- Working hours: 30~40 hours per week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Education requirement: Completion of Secondary School
- Work setting: Restaurant
- Work experience requirement: Minimum 1 to 2 years as a cook or related occupations is required.
- Work location: 74 Front St, Penticton, BC, V2A 1H1
- Language: English
Your Responsibilities Included (But not limited to):
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Supervise kitchen assistant
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- 2- week paid vacation or 4% of gross pay