- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
Title: Coordinator-Community Services (Transportation and Meals on Wheels programs)
Employee Working Location: Office / In-person (Sarnia – Lambton, ON)
Type of contract: Permanent Full-Time
Salary band: $42,889 – $53,611 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Coordinator-Community Services to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Community Heath & Wellness programs. A Coordinator-Community Services is overall responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Transportation and Meals on Wheels Programs for vulnerable, elderly and disabled clients through effective recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers and staff.
In this role, you will:
- Implement and maintain Transportation and Meals on Wheels service procedures, standards, and driver requirements
- Assess eligibility of Transportation and Meals on Wheels clients: assess clients’ needs, maintains confidential client files, assesses clients’ subsidy applications
- Refer non-eligible persons to other community services/resources and clients to additional health or social services when appropriate
- Coordinate requests for Transportation and Meals on Wheels programs: coordinate development of the most efficient routing and schedules to maintain maximum usage of vehicles and volunteer availability, produce daily/weekly/monthly schedules that match volunteer Drivers and vehicles to clients’ routes, liaise with Driver and client to confirm details or inform of changes
- Respond to all client requests in a timely and professional manner
- Inspect RC vehicles, checking on vehicle cleanliness and emergency equipment and oversees fleet maintenance/repairs with support of Fleet Manager
- Ensure clients are billed correctly and follows up on overdue accounts
- Produce statistical reports and other correspondence as required by various funders and provides to Senior Manager
- Provide input into annual budget preparation and monitor program expenses
- Assist in preparation of service plans and supports in creating program presentations and proposals to obtain funding from a variety of external funders
- May be required to attend meetings on behalf of Senior Manager and other staff in the geographic region, representing RC at external meetings to develop community partnerships and promoting the programs
- Ensure service standards and procedures for client services are met through supervision and Quality Management (QM) and Risk Management policies and practices
- Establish a system that ensures volunteers, staff and clients have a respectful, warm and dignified environment
- Recruit, train, orient, supervise and evaluate program volunteers
- Identify needs for volunteer Drivers and integrate volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibilities
- Assist personnel with the resolution of problems involving clients
- Perform other duties as required
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a college diploma
- One to three years’ job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This includes experience in Volunteer Resource Management or an equivalent
- Knowledgeable/experienced in client and vehicle database management and basic budgeting/financial management
- Strong customer service, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with national, service-based, non-profit organizations is an asset
- Volunteer Management and training experience is an asset
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills are an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office software applications is required
- Nice to see experience with SIMS
- The work will mostly be performed in the Red Cross office in Sarnia, ON. The office environment is clean and comfortable.
- This position requires a clear 3-year Driver’s Abstract.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: