Core Platforms Delivery Lead
Manages and controls a portion of system development projects. Undertakes the most complex business analysis and software development work, typically requiring a deep knowledge of working practices and business processes in one or more business areas. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Provides technical advice and guidance to colleagues to support the specification and development of software solutions
• Bachelors Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Systems Analysis and Programming area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 9 or more years of experience in the Systems Analysis and Programming area
• Overall 12+ experience working in IT, of which last 3 years as Delivery Lead/Scrum Master
• Exposure to Legacy applications for at least 3 years
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
• Certification on at least one of the Agile frameworks as a lead/ScrumMaster – is a must
• InsureTech enthusiast
• Data mapping or data binding skills
• Ability to understand technical complexities of the project and recommend solution options to the team
• Preferred understanding of the Guidewire data models in PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter
• Experience integrating Guidewire with multiple upstream systems (e.g. CRM, DnB, SmartComms, etc)
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Translates stakeholder inputs into meaningful business requirements and rules, and then into stories that the scrum teams can deliver against
• Create and maintain detailed documentation on products and processes using a wide variety of technical tools that are constantly evolving.
• Understand business priorities to effectively coordinate multiple streams of work at one time
• Lead medium sized teams with developers, QA and BAs.
• Present solution options and project status to the leadership, represent project team in decision group meetings.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.