- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Summary Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in conducting credit investigations, establishing new accounts and review and maintenance of client credit limits and files by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns workers responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Arranges and oversees completion of all work related to maintenance of accounts
- Maximizes team’s productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Establishes and updates customers’ credit activities.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of account records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analyses, setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors.
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policies.
Manages credit analyst and new account team through direct supervision and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of standard Microsoft Applications, previous experience with an AS400 based system helpful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Membership in National Association of Credit Managers helpful.
Other Skills and Abilities
Applied customer service experience a must.
Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: