Company: Gresham House Inc.
Business information: Gresham House is a Bench made Upholstery Manufacturer. Each piece is made by hand: individually cut, sewn and upholstered. We use only the highest quality environmentally sustainable Canadian Raw materials.
Business Address: 3250 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 5Y6
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
· Check and weigh materials and products
· May sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
· May assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
· Clean work areas and equipment
· Specify order quantity for foam, back and feather on a weekly basis and manage the inventory
· Cut all of the foam for the bodies for the upholsterers and work alongside upholsterers to problem solve
· Cut, wrap and fill all seat and back cushion cores in a timely fashion to ensure that the shipping department is able to pack
· Test fit all cushions to ensure a perfect fit
· Work alongside cutting and upholstery to make patterns for each style, and labels accordingly
· Cut foam, use the glue gun to secure Dacron and/or Fortrel to cushions and to fill seat and back cushions
· Use the upholstery needle to apply dimple or modern tuft detail on cushions
· Maintain a clean, organized and tidy work station.
-Education: Some secondary school education is required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job-training is provided.
– Math skills are required
– Must understand the premise of upholstery in order to ensure that the cut foam will work for the upholsterer
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: repetitive tasks, physically demanding, combination of standing and walking, bending, crouching and kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, tight deadlines, hand-eye coordination, handling heavy loads.
-Personal suitability: accurate, team player, organized, dependability
Language: Basic level of English is required
Salary: $21.00 per hour, 40-44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Group insurance benefits, Vision care benefits, Dental Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important information: The work schedule will be Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. This position requires flexibility in schedule. Overtime and weekend work may be required based on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 3250 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 5Y6
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application- Cushion Filler/Foam Cutter